Okay, okay, fine, I’ll push my inner Negative Nancy down a well for a bit and start with some good things that happened this year:
- At the start of the year I finally received my paperwork stating that I had indeed graduated.
- I found a sort-of job!
- I had at least some job interviews.
- Boyfriend has learned that making me a cup of tea helps with almost any situation.
- I did useful and productive and even creative stuff.
- I got new hot glasses.
- I finally made us some decent curtains.
- I finally caved and got a smartphone. And for cheap, too!
- I started watching Doctor Who.
- New WoW expansion!
- I kind of got over myself in a lot of ways.
And now to balance things out, the negative:
- I’m pretty broke.
- Mostly because I don’t have a decent job.
- I spent the better part of the year job hunting and I know I’m super impatient, but come on. Even the idiots from my old school who can’t find their own elbows on a good day have some sort of job!
- It takes everyone at least a month to figure out I have new glasses or a new hair colour. Like, people who see me almost every day.
- Insurance is insane and I’m not even going to go into detail.
- Everything is so damned expensive it’s not even funny. I mean, I guess I could eat my old course books…
- I’m turning into an angry old curmudgeon. Curmudgeonette? Whatever. I always have the overwhelming urge to respond to any kind of sentiment uttered by anyone younger than me with “Kid, you’re X age, that’s normal. I felt that way. Your fucking kids will feel this way. Get over it.”
Ah, well. Can’t have one without the other. Happy new year, folks! I’m going to put on a TV marathon and stuff my face with cheese fondue, what’re you up to?