So there’s a post thingy on my screen telling me to hit “New Post” and tell the internet why I’m here so I’m going to do that because right now I’m so tired everything seems like a good idea. I’m so tired I could scream. Actually, I think I did. Question, at what point do you go from scaredy-cat to full on psychotic? Because I think this distinction will be relevant to me in a not so distant future. Yeah, that’s the reason I can’t sleep. Right on, I admit it, I couldn’t sleep last night because Boyfriend thought it was funny to remind me of something that scared me (from a TV show no less, and not even a scary TV show at that) aaand BAMM, insomnia and now I can’t sleep again, ever. Or at least that’s what it feels right now. It’s 7 am and I still feel slightly scared. Mainly because when I’m awake for close to 24 hours, it’s like I’m growing another two pairs of ears. Everything is creaking and groaning and it’s kinda disconcerting and I’d like for the entire world to stop scaring me right now so I can get some hours REM, please and thank you.
Anyway, this blog thing. So there’s some questions and I’m just going to answer them.
- Why are you blogging publicly, rather than keeping a personal journal?
- I don’t know, seemed like a good idea at the time. First I thought I should make a blog to write about all the things I do and make, then I remembered I never really do anything, so currently I’m just trying to send a message to all my other not-doing-much-ever-peeps out there: It’s okay. It gets better. One day we will rise up out of our computer chairs and accomplish great deeds. One day….
- What topics do you think you’ll write about?
- Uh, me, I guess. Just stuff. And then more stuff. Life as an unemployed grad student in Vienna, all the small annoyances of life (like the fact that the desk just scared me).
- Who would you love to connect with via your blog?
- I don’t really do connecting. Sometimes I write stuff, and then other people write stuff, and then I write some more stuff. Sometimes it’s a successful interaction.
- If you blog successfully throughout the next year, what would you hope to have accomplished?
- Who the hell makes plans like this? Who sits down all like ‘ Right, I have an actual goal with this blog!’? I don’t do that. This is just another toy to keep me distracted from doing anything remotely productive while indulging in my long suppressed narcissism. I guess indulging in my narcissism frequently over the course of an entire year would be an accomplishment because my attention span is on par with that of an ADD squirrel on crack and I don’t usually manage to keep myself interesting enough to myself.
So apart from exposing myself as a complete chicken (and potential future abuser of narcotics)… I have no idea what I was going to write. God damn it. Hi, I’m a random internet moron. If you’re a random internet moron, say something nice to me.